Sunday, January 12, 2014

"Check God's Resume" - Intro

Devotional Scribble
"Check God's Resume" by: Laurie Gardiner

Great morning, world.

While taking down a few notes from this morning's devotion, I was brought to a spiritual place that allowed me to feel comfortable and secure with speaking about certain struggles aloud. A place where I wasn't embarrassed to be open with my God. A place of solitude where only my personal feelings and God can co-exist. As I lay in my bed, propped up on my one of many colorful pillows, I started to ponder over all of the things God has done for me, which began overflowing into words of gratitude and thankfulness that were probably jumbled and all over the place to the normal ear, but clearly spoken to Him.

As I looked over the events of this past week, I initially became discouraged and anxious about where I was going in life and the length of time it is taking me to get there. Then I took into consideration the work that God has produced and the amount of time it took Him to create it. 

It took God six days to create the earth and all living things. God speaks and things are done instantly! God touches and people are healed! God breathes and waters stand still! So, with all of that said, why do I think that it’s going to take forever and a day for God to fix this mess inside of me or place me where I need to be? 
Why do I continue to put God in a box when I know that He can change my situation and bad habits as swiftly as He created light or as swiftly as He defeated the devil? And those instances didn’t take an eternity, but instead they only took a few words: WE say, “The devil is working hard!” but GOD says, “It is FINISHED!”, WE say, "I don’t know where I’m going in life,” but GOD says, “My word is a LAMP unto your feet and a LIGHT unto your path!” WE say “I’ve given up! My dreams seem too big!” BUT MY GOD SAYS, “YOU CAN DO ALLL THINGSSSS!!! Through CHRIST who gives you STRENGTH!”

Believe that God is working in your favor and that everything works together for good! Learn to praise God for the rough patches in your life, for they are only there to serve as a reminder that God is working on something great that will benefit you in ways you couldn't imagine. If you still have ANY doubts, go back and check His resume!!!

Welcome everyone! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment